In the third week of school, Caitlin was assigned her class, which is a composite class over two stages. A class profile had been created to help Caitlin understand the needs of her class and ensure that each students individual needs are catered for.
Class Name: 4/5C
Stage: Two and Three
Number of Students: 24 Students - 14 boys: 10 girls
- Interactive Whiteboard
- Whiteboard on wheels
- Four Desktop Computers with one printer
- Art Area with sink and storage
- Laptop for the teacher
Students with exceptional needs:
- Sally: Strong reader however needs to be encouraged to participate in classroom discussion.
- Jack: Often runs home from school and needs to be escorted back to school by his mother.
- Dale: Currently 18 months behind the learning outcomes. Dale is Aboriginal and currently lives with his maternal grandparents as DOCS removed him from his mothers care.
- Sam: A student who has been identified with Aspergers.
- Thomas: A year five student reading at lowest year four level. Thomas' low reading ability is affecting him socially and emotionally.
- 18 students are from Non-English Speaking Backgrounds.
- All students live in the local public housing estate and come from low socio-economic backgrounds.
- Dale and Jack are Aboriginal.
- Sally's mother thinks she may be gifted so Sally may require extension in learning activities.